Thursday, February 2, 2012

First class to blog

As I write this post, my first block of English 12 is blogging their responses to some quotations from The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. We are using Kidblog.org and so far I am pleased with the ease of sign-up and log-in and the students seem to be able to use it with little difficulty. I like that I could have all of them set up before they came to the computer lab. This made the log in smooth as they just had to select their name and then use the password I gave them.

I am interested to figure out why kidblog.org advertises that they are perfect for elementary and middle school classes. So far I have seen little to lead me to believe this won't work well for high school classes as well. They are able to add images, video, hyperlinks and can also change fonts, text size, bold, etc.. So far I am impressed with this tool.

The next step is to see how many of them access it outside of class to finish this first assignment.

Oh, and to add to my inquiry, I tweeted about the class blogging while they were doing it :)

Here is a Flickr slide show of the kids at work.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Lenora! I am seriously impressed. The Flickr presentation was awesome. I will definitely check out kidblog.org as a possible recommendation for the middle school teachers at my school. Have you ever tried Edmodo?

    ReplyDelete